- The tenant of a $1 million state house is charging boarders rent for a room vacated by her grown-up children.
Housing New Zealand said its tenancy agreements forbid tenants to sublet the HNZ-owned premises they were occupying – or “any part of it” – but they are allowed boarders.
* Housing New Zealand ‘lost’ millions in state house sales – Labour
* Auckland state houses worth millions
* Housing NZ transfer 2800 Auckland state houses to new authority
* Lobby groups to examine housing issues at New Zealand Housing Summit
Auckland state house tenant rents out a spare room.
READ MORE VIA STUFF