- PROPERTY INVESTMENT – 2017 BUDGET MOVES ALREADY OUT
• Crown building project: $2.23b four-year plan for 34,000 new Auckland residences;
• Core crown infrastructure: $23b in next four Budgets, on top of $20b in last five years;
• Infrastructure budget includes State Highway One $812m rebuild after Kaikoura earthquake;
• Emergency and modular housing: $304m package;
• Government housing support to 310,000 NZ households: $2.3b in 2017
• Accommodation supplement: $1.1b spent in year to March, 2017 for 285,174 people.
Few surprises appear to be in store for the politically-charged housing sector in this year’s Budget, after last Tuesday’s $2.23 billion spoiler to build 34,000 new Auckland residences.
READ MORE VIA NZHERALD