It was when workers started taking the cladding off Meredith Osmond’s Wellington unit that she realised the extent of the damage.
Because it was built with untreated timber, as soon as water got into the unit, it started to rot. Dangerous mould grew.
Now, the back and front has to come off the leaky home, including the outside of a study, garage and large deck. It’s a project that will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.
There are a lot of people in New Zealand who have bought properties that have James Hardie Products, whether that’s Harditex or Titan, and have suffered a great deal as a result.
READ MORE VIA STUFF