PHOTO: Jessica Gaddes, 31, was a successful real estate agent who owned her own property but lost it all after she smoked Ice for the first time
- Jessica Gaddes opens up about her ten year long battle with an Ice addiction
- Ms Gaddes was a homeowner & successful real estate agent in Western Sydney
- After trying Ice for the first time Ms Gaddes lost her home and became homeless
- Multiple stints behind bars pushed the 31-year-old to finally beat her addiction
- Ms Gaddes credits law enforcement for helping her give up Ice for good
A young woman has opened up about how she went from being a successful real estate agent to an ice addict just 10 years ago and shared the surprising way she managed to turn it all around.
Before her life spiralled out of control, Jessica Gaddes, 31, was a real-estate agent in Penrith, Western Sydney. She owned her own home, was in a loving relationship and enjoyed travelling overseas.
She blames herself for slipping into a ‘black hole’.
rom the age of 15 Ms Gaddes started engaging in ‘risky teen behaviour’ to try to fit in with friends. She began drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana.
Her risky behaviour followed her into adulthood where she began snorting speed, a drug which she described as ‘a big thing back then’.
But it wasn’t until she tried the drug Ice for the first time where her life began to enter a downward spiral.
‘It took my soul,’ she told Seven News.
Ms Gaddes (pictured) spent her 28th birthday behind bars due to her crippling Ice addiction but says police played a major role in helping her get clean
READ MORE VIA THE DAILY MAIL
- Abandoned land for sale
- Bach sells for record $3.33m
- Angela Bloomfield, actor and real estate salesperson
- Kiwibank will no longer accept pre-approved home loans for buyers with deposits smaller than 20 pct
- Price of average Kiwi home cracks $1 million
- Tim and Arthur win The Block NZ 2021 with biggest cash haul in show’s history
- ‘K-shaped’ economic recovery widening gap between haves and the have-nots
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is now a property millionaire
- Cash and property forfeited following cannabis operation
- NZ property sales plummet 21.7% | REINZ