PHOTO: ‘Horrified’: Liz Hurley’s neighbours are furious after the star tore down nearly two dozen trees on her countryside estate – leaving the area ‘looking like a battlefield’
Liz Hurley‘s neighbours are furious after the star tore down nearly two dozen trees on her countryside estate – leaving the area ‘looking like a battlefield.’
They say views of the landscape have been affected by the cull in ancient woodland close to Elizabeth’s sprawling manor house Donnington Hall.
Residents were ‘horrified’ by the destruction after tree surgeons descended onto the Herefordshire land earlier this month, with some claiming animals’ habitats will have been disturbed.
But actress Liz, 56, who lives with her model son Damian, 19, and regularly posts bikini pictures from her estate, has insisted that she sought professional advice when lopping the trees and obtained a felling licence from the Forestry Commission.
One neighbour said: ‘The wood was full of ancient English oaks, and the undergrowth was full of wildlife including deer and badgers, and now many of the trees have been cut down and everything crushed to remove the logs.
‘The noise has been non-stop for a week, while she’s away on another holiday, and the remains of the wood now look like a battlefield.’
Another said: ‘Logs are piling up close to the footpath. We’d rather the woodland had just been left for wildlife. The view of daffodils here in spring is marvellous.’
‘Crushed’: Residents were ‘horrified’ by the destruction after tree surgeons descended onto the Herefordshire land, with some claiming animals’ habitats will have been disturbed
Grand: The swimwear designer bought £6million Donnington Hall in 2012 and had lived there with cricketer boyfriend Shane Warne but now she and son Damian are the sole occupants
READ MORE VIA THE DAILY MAIL
- Missing apostrophe in Facebook post lands real estate agent in legal hot water
- Abandoned land for sale
- Australian real estate agent may have to pay tens of thousands in a defamation claim
- How much do real estate agents make? | USA
- Chemist Warehouse owner drops $43MILLION on sprawling trophy home
- Real estate agent numbers spike
- OnlyFans millionaire makes Octagon House his ‘Playboy Mansion Down Under’ | WATCH
- Can Evergrande’s founder save his real estate empire?
- The biggest financial crash ever? – Robert Kiyosaki | It has begun
- What can NZ do to cool off its property market?