- Because foregoing brunches and coffees will only get you so far (nowhere).
This is a story about how the stars aligned for us to be able to get where we are – a two-bedroom do-up with a damp basement in west Auckland.
* On the ladder: Two years of saving and two years of renovation on a ‘do-up’
* On the ladder: First home at 21, now they have 3 at 25
* On the ladder: Meet Kristi Atkins, who bought her first home at 21
* On the ladder: DIYer Crestine Carson renovates an ‘ugly duckling’ first home