- Four possible buyers have made the final shortlist to buy over 1400 state houses being sold in Tauranga and Invercargill.
The Government has announced the shortlist after reviewing expressions of interest for the first phase of its plans to sell up to 2000 state homes to “community housing providers”.
In Invercargill, the Pact Group was the only provider shortlisted to buy 348 properties offered for sale.
In Tauranga, Accessible Properties, Hapori Connect Tauranga, and Kainga Community Housing Partners made the shortlist to take over 1124 properties.
* State housing group protests sell-off
* Govt offloads 2800 state houses
* Key opts for state of state houses over state of the nation
* Invercargill and Tauranga chosen for first state house sales
* Tenants lose home of 18 years
READ MORE VIA STUFF