- Desperate home buyers can scoop a bargain with an Auckland three-bedroom home selling for just $1000 – but there is a catch.
The leasehold property carries $38,000 annual lease charges.
The asking price of the home in St Johns has even dropped from $10,000 to $1000.
With house values being quoted as rising $1000 per week in Auckland in 2015, it’s surely a bargain.
* House prices rise, but not in Auckland
* Warning of unstable Auckland house prices
* Silence of council not golden during housing boom
* Auckland’s housing boom is spreading and that is a problem: economist Rodney Dickens