PHOTO: TOM LEE/STUFF – Residents of the failed Bella Vista Homes at Lakes Boulevard and Aneta Way have been locked out of their homes since March.
Owners locked out of their homes in the failed Bella Vista development are being locked out of a Tauranga City Council meeting discussing their fate.
Property owners along Lakes Boulevard and Aneta Way were evacuated on March 9 in the wake of Cyclone Hola.
All but one of the 21 homes have been unable to be reoccupied after a raft of building and land stability issues were identified, despite some having code of compliance certificates.
Homeowners will only have 10 minutes each to plead their case to council on June 6 before the councillors close the meeting to the public and deliberate on what, if any, remediation will be made.
* Counting the cost of Tauranga’s Bella Vista Homes debacle
* Unprecedented 21 Bella Vista homes to be issued dangerous building certificates in Tauranga
* Bella Vista Director speaks out
* Tauranga chief executive faces fire from angry homeowners
* Move to strike off builder at Bella Vista
READ MORE VIA STUFF