PHOTO: While there’s a question mark over the exact date the villa, Amohia, was built, it has been in Mountain Rd, Epsom since 1911. RAY WHITE
A historic villa in one of Auckland‘s most prestigious locations has hit the market, but it comes with a hefty price tag of $8 million.
The five-bedroom, four-bathroom villa was built in 1908 and sits on a 1,293 square metre site in Parnell. The property boasts stunning views of the Auckland Harbour and is located in close proximity to some of the city’s most exclusive restaurants, shops, and galleries.
The villa has been impeccably restored, with careful attention paid to retaining its original character features. The interior is a mix of period and contemporary design, with high ceilings, ornate cornices, and polished wooden floors complemented by modern fixtures and fittings.
The property is surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens, with a large outdoor entertaining area and a swimming pool. There is also a separate self-contained apartment on the property, perfect for guests or a live-in nanny.
• 1262m² Land 455m² house • 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms 2 living rooms • Library & Office • Formal & informal dinning • Conservatory with gas fireplace • Central & gas heating • Double glazed home • West facing private garden with heated swimming pool • Triple car garage with storage • Fully fenced private residence • Double Grammar Zone
Potential buyers will be impressed by the villa’s location, which is surrounded by some of Auckland’s most exclusive properties. The neighbours include the Prime Minister’s official residence, Premier House, and the historic St Stephens Chapel.
Despite the property’s high price tag, real estate experts believe it is unlikely to be on the market for long. The demand for high-end properties in Auckland is strong, with many buyers looking for luxurious homes in prime locations.
Overall, this historic villa in Parnell represents a unique opportunity to own a piece of Auckland’s history while enjoying all the modern comforts of a luxury home.
- Real estate agency GIANT coming to New Zealand | WATCH
- THE ANCIENT STONE CITY: Proof of NZ civilisation before Kupe
- From being a homeless criminal to one of Australia’s most successful real estate agents | WATCH
- Claims about Jacinda Ardern’s wealth
- ‘Sick of these punks’: Auctioneer ends job interview with young applicant | WATCH
- Abandoned land for sale
- House prices: Market’s downward spiral continues
- Auckland’s largest real estate agency records lowest sales numbers since the GFC
- Bankrupt conman leaves trail of misery
- NBR rich list 2022