PHOTO: Jennifer Aniston
Self-made media mogul and all-around icon Oprah Winfrey sold a sprawling $14.8 million Mediterranean-style Montecito mansion to fellow A-lister Jennifer Aniston, Dirt reports. The sale marks the latest big-name real estate transaction in the rather star-studded coastal town, where celebs like Ellen Degeneres and Ariana Grande have made high-profile dealings.
Winfrey purchased the roughly one-acre estate, made up of the main house and two cottages, last year for $10.5 million. Exact details of the privately made sales aren’t entirely clear, but the former talk show host apparently separated the property in half, selling the Mediterranean-style home to Aniston and the two cottage houses to her personal trainer and property manager, Bob Greene. The latter sold for $2.3 million, bringing the compound’s grand total sale price up to about $17 million–$6.5 million more than Winfrey paid for it just last year.
Referred to as a “Tuscan farmhouse,” Aniston’s new home contains four bedrooms and three-and-a-half bathrooms across 4,320 square feet. While detailed information on the interior of the 1998-built house is slim, the Friends star will enjoy picturesque ocean and mountain views, multiple terraces, landscaped gardens, and a massive motorcourt, all set on a private lot nestled among oak trees at the end of a long gated driveway.
No matter what lies inside her new abode, the actor is certain to put personal interior design touches to the space. “If I wasn’t an actress, I’d want to be a designer. I love the process,” Aniston told AD during a 2018 tour of the stylish 1965-built Bel Air mansion that she acquired in 2012 and still maintains.
Winfrey still owns a number of other properties, including her primary residence at a massive 20,000-square-foot mansion set on a 66-acre estate dubbed “Promised Land,” also located in Montecito.
READ MORE VIA ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST
- Real estate agent forged vendors’ signatures
- New kiwi Property TV Show: RICH LISTERS
- Rags-to-riches story of a KIWI real estate agent | WATCH
- High-flying real estate agent explains the reason WHY he allegedly stabbed his best mates wife
- Max Key talks about how being a property developer and doing jiu-jitsu has helped his mental health
- WINNERS: 2022 REINZ Awards for Excellence
- Beach becomes popular spot for first-time nudists
- Master Builders says building consents system is ‘broken’
- Why some real estate agents are thriving right now, despite the tough market
- Inside the extraordinary stoush between multi-millionaire AUSSIE neighbours