PHOTO: Image by shutterstock
Australia and New Zealand are renowned for their stunning beach destinations, but a growing trend in these locations is the popularity of naturist holidays. Here, we present a curated list of the finest nude resorts in Australia and New Zealand, specifically catering to seniors seeking a vacation where they can embrace a clothing-optional experience with their partners.
- Turtle Cove Beach Resort, Cairns: Nestled between the Daintree Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef, this resort offers seclusion and optional clothing. With spacious rooms facing the beach, private decks, and a heated jacuzzi, Turtle Cove provides a perfect blend of relaxation and enjoyment.
- Pink Flamingo, Port Douglas: Surrounded by gardens, this resort features villas with private courtyards and outdoor baths. It’s a nudity-friendly and gay-welcoming retreat that allows for private massages in the villa. Guests can mingle at the Sand Bar or relax in the outdoor heated pool.
- Eagles View Naturist Retreat, Toowoomba: Spread across 57 acres on a plateau along the Great Dividing Range, this retreat offers breathtaking views and a chance to encounter kangaroos. The owners, Shelley and Harry, maintain the retreat like a paradise, providing a serene escape with camping options.
- Sunland Holiday Village, Nora Creina: Located on 100 hectares of land with a 1.3km beachfront, this ocean beach nude resort offers diverse activities such as golf, fishing, and windsurfing. Guests can enjoy a pool, spa, library, and card games, creating a well-rounded naturist experience.
- Top End Naturist Recreation Retreat, Darwin River: A 100-acre resort catering to families seeking a nude holiday, this retreat is surrounded by bushland in the Shire of Litchfield. With various activities like chess, miniature golf, and nature walks, guests can enjoy a naturist lifestyle in a family-friendly environment.
- Savannah Park Nudist Retreat, Yeppoon: Near the Capricorn Coast, this resort, under new ownership since 2017, aims to be one of Australia’s premier nudist destinations. Community dinners, a saltwater swimming pool, and stargazing in the open create a relaxed and social atmosphere.
- Elephant Rock Naturist Retreat, Moogerah: Located at the foot of Mt. Greville in Queensland, this retreat offers six bedrooms with essential amenities. Group dinners, a 30-foot pool, and a heated spa add to the experience. Clothing is discouraged unless the weather is exceptionally cold.
- River Island Nature Retreat, Mittagong: Spanning 2,000 acres on the banks of the Wollondilly River, this extensive resort promotes a nudist holiday amid a serene environment and abundant wildlife. Accommodations range from luxurious cedar cabins to riverside caravans and camps.
- Heritage Australia Club, Sydney: Established in 1949, this is Australia’s oldest nudist club, located in the Campbell Town area along the Georges River. Catering to families and couples, it offers amenities such as a barbecue area, tent sites, a pool, and bush tracks for exploration.
New Zealand, popular among naturists, boasts several clubs, but two standout resorts are:
- Saxon Lodge, Hamilton: Set on two acres just minutes from Hamilton’s center, this lodge features extensive gardens with native trees. The stylish single-story home, designed by a local architect, offers a unique and organic experience.
- Katikati Naturist Park, Tauranga: Positioned near Katikati in the Bay of Plenty, this secluded park provides a premium naturist experience. With options for tents, caravans, campervans, and motorhomes, guests can enjoy a swimming pool, spa, mini-golf, and indoor games amidst the beauty of nature.
As Australia and New Zealand have always been synonymous with luxurious beach resorts, the rise of trendy naturist destinations offers a distinctive holiday experience for those seeking something different.
SOURCE: LETS 50