PHOTO: ROSA WOODS The property on Palm Grove as it appeared on Monday.
For 17 years a ‘shambolic’ pile of waste material has sat on a central Wellington property.
And over that time Wellington City Council has issued abatement notice after abatement notice to the land owners Randhirbhai Devabhai Patel and Jyotiben Patel.
The property, 3 Palm Grove, Berhampore, has been used as a dumping ground for a variety of waste materials.
Since the council received its first complaints in late 2002, officers have made more than 40 visits and sent numerous letters to the Patels.
READ MORE VIA STUFF
TOP VIEWED STORIES & PAGES
- House prices tipped to plummet as potential buyers go broke
- Will homeowners go under?
- Airbnb rental bubble
- ‘Layoffs are coming’: Economist warns unemployment set to ‘surge’, house prices to fall
- Dire consequences for malls if forced to shut during alert level 3
- What next for real estate agents?
- Estate agents’ $6m wage subsidy
- Abandoned land for sale
- New graphs depict alarming economic impact of COVID-19 in New Zealand
- Nadia Lim and husband have gone ‘back to the land’ in rural South Island