PHOTO: Century 21 real estate agent Harp Khela. (Submitted photo)
‘Creating a strong community is of upmost importance to me,’ Harp Khela says
In 2022 Khela topped 155,000 agents in 86 countries for Century 21, one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage brands.
The Century 21 list includes a second-ranked agent in Treasure Island, Florida, and a third in San Clemente, California. Sales figures from the company are not published.
Khela, who sits on the Downtown Surrey BIA board, said it’s “an absolute honour” to be recognized as the top agent worldwide for Century 21.
“Creating a strong community is of upmost importance to me and I feel so privileged to do something tangible that contributes to that goal,” he said in a news release from Downtown Surrey BIA.
“I want everyone to win. I’m cultivating a garden, filled with the fruits of my work and relationships, where I can invite new partners in and find ways for everyone to succeed.”
At age 19, Khela started his real estate license and got started selling homes and condos. He moved to Vermillion, Alberta, where he took over the family business and redeveloped a shopping centre. By his mid-20s, Khela was a town councillor while also running a commercial real estate property and managing a grocery store.
In 2015 he returned to B.C. to focus on residential sales in the Fraser Valley and also in larger commercial industrial, townhome, and high-rise property developments.
Elizabeth Model, CEO of the BIA, said the organization applauds Harp’s “commitment to excellence” in Surrey.
“To have the number-one Century 21 agent in the world here in Surrey speaks not only to Harp’s hard work and dedication but also to the strong real estate market here in Surrey,” Model stated.
READ MORE VIA PEACH ARCH NEWS
- Real Estate Agents: Who has the lowest and highest fees? WATCH
- Auckland home suffers near-$1m hit as resale losses grow
- Mark Wahlberg’s restaurant chain opening in New Zealand | WATCH
- NZ Sotheby’s International Realty to open new office
- Claims about Jacinda Ardern’s wealth
- THE ANCIENT STONE CITY: Proof of NZ civilisation before Kupe
- AUSSIES FORCED INTO SELLING: Huge new rate blow for homeowners and buyers
- Abandoned land for sale
- Cigarette smuggler’s six-bedroom home seized
- Housing downturn gathers steam | CoreLogic NZ