PHOTO: Tina Turner. WKYC
Tina Turner and her husband, Erwin Bach, were still expanding their real estate portfolio less than two years before the legendary singer died.
The couple, who wed in July 2013, announced in January 2022 that they shelled out $76 million for a sprawling waterfront estate in Zürich, Switzerland.
At the time, Bach told local newspaper Handelszeitung that he and Turner had decided to buy more property in the European country after gaining their Swiss citizenship. (Nonresidents are not allowed to own land in Switzerland.)
“[We] feel very comfortable in Switzerland,” Bach, who is a native of Germany, said.
In fact, they planned on using the home as a “new weekend retreat in the immediate vicinity.”
The impressive property features 10 different structures spread across over five acres of land. It also boasts its own private pond, stream, swimming pool and boat deck.
In addition to the hefty purchase, the pair own another estate in Küsnacht, where Turner died Wednesday at the age of 83.
A rep confirmed the “Proud Mary” singer died after a long battle with an unknown illness.
“It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tina Turner,” read a post on her Instagram account.
READ MORE VIA PAGE SIX
- THE ANCIENT STONE CITY: Proof of NZ civilisation before Kupe
- Claims about Jacinda Ardern’s wealth
- Ex real estate agent and sporting legend to be released from prison
- Auckland property data company Relab on the up
- Top Real Estate Agent Launches GRIFFIOEN. Powered by ownly
- Jay-Z, Beyoncé break California record with $318M Malibu purchase
- Ex All Black making a fist of it as a real estate agent
- Dubai’s next big thing? A $5 billion man-made ‘moon’ ?
- Is this the LOWEST of the Low? House Price Predictions Revealed! | WATCH
- Abandoned land for sale