- If you’ve ever fancied living under a rainbow, here’s your chance – though it might cost you $1 million.
A unique Wellington home built for former priest, writer, broadcaster and restaurateur Sir Desmond Britten on a steep hillside in Karaka Bays is up for sale.
The four-bedroom, multi-level property, complete with lookout tower, was designed and built in the 1970s by Wellington architect Roger Walker, who said on Wednesday that he didn’t think a house like it could be built today.
* Tommy’s says Wellington property market may be peaking
* Wellingtonian of the Year: Des Britten
* National Portrait – Roger Walker, the radical architect
* Wellington property market still stratospheric a year after liftoff
The property was commissioned by well-known Wellington restaurateur and Anglican priest Sir Desmond Britten
READ MORE VIA STUFF