PHOTO: Auckland. Photo: 123rf
Thousands of homeowners in Auckland have to wait until the route for light rail is decided before finding out if their character homes will keep their status or be developable.
A council spokesperson said the light rail corridor, which stretches from the city to Mangere, will not be re-zoned until a route is confirmed along with stations.
This includes a dilapidated cluster of character status homes on Dominion Road, a busy arterial road.
Residents within the light rail corridor are still encouraged to give their feedback on the planned intensification of the city.
READ MORE VIA RNZ
- Top TEN real estate companies in the world
- The insight that changed my real estate career
- ‘Unacceptable’: top real estate agents axed
- Costco, the world’s second-largest retailer – first New Zealand store
- Abandoned land for sale
- New Zealand’s most trusted real estate brand
- Toy billionaire Anna Mowbray and Ali Williams’ secret weapon in new home build
- Saving for a house deposit? New investment app Sugar Wallet could be the answer
- Property auction success PLUMMETS at Auckland’s biggest agency
- “Mortgage earthquake” erupts under New Zealand’s housing market