PHOTO: Costco. FILE
According to NZHERALD Costco, the world’s second-largest retailer after Walmart, will today show off its first New Zealand store and fuel station.
The company said from Australia on Tuesday that it is inviting media into its new 1.4ha store at Westgate on Auckland’s northwest fringes.
Costco Australia/New Zealand managing director Patrick Noone “will be announcing the opening of our fuel station ahead of the rest of the warehouse”.
The business isn’t giving any precise opening dates for the fuel station or warehouse but customers have been able to buy memberships for some weeks by queuing at Westgate and paying $60/person and $55/business.
“Costco is expanding the savings, with the opening of their first warehouse in New Zealand,” it said today, telling how this would be the first opportunity to go inside the warehouse.
Costco Auckland is the global chain’s first New Zealand location and 829th worldwide.
The store isn’t due to open until this year’s second half but the fuel station could open before then.
- ‘Unacceptable’: top real estate agents axed
- Abandoned land for sale
- Toy billionaire Anna Mowbray and Ali Williams’ secret weapon in new home build
- How to BUY a house – HUSTLE: The house that VIBRATORS built
- Richlister sells penthouse for record
- BEWARE: How a single email cost a couple $50,000 in a property scam | WATCH
- Melissa Caddick’s parents and husband face being HOMELESS | AUSTRALIA
- Owners look to future of abandoned resort | WATCH
- Real estate agent accused of stealing rivals’ advertising boards
- The British estate agent taking over Selling Sunset! | WATCH