The homes.co.nz Monthly Property Update is generated using homes.co.nz’s October 2022 HomesEstimates, providing an up-to-date perspective on house values around New Zealand.
Trends in our Main Cities
The downturn may be slowing, but there are no clear signs of it letting up, with another month-on-month decrease across the country. Christchurch and Hamilton are the only regions keeping their head above water, seeing a year-on-year increase to their median HomesEstimate.
How do we calculate these figures?
The homes.co.nz Monthly Property Update is generated using homes.co.nz’s monthly HomesEstimates and provides an up-to-date perspective on house values around New Zealand. By valuing the entire housing stock, the homes.co.nz Monthly Property Update can compare median values from month to month in a consistent and reliable way. Our HomesEstimates are calculated for almost every home in New Zealand by an algorithm that identifies the relationships between sales prices and the features of a property.
Established in 2013, homes.co.nz is NZ’s first free property information portal eager to share free property information to New Zealanders.
NZ’s First Home Buyer HomesEstimate
The “First Home Buyer HomesEstimate” is homes.co.nz’s estimate of what a typical first home may cost. It is calculated to be the lower quartile HomesEstimate in a town.
- Real estate agency’s ‘controversial’ ads that would NOT happen NOW! | WATCH
- Kiwis warned 2023 will be tough and uncomfortable
- The Reserve Bank continues to inflict pain on Kiwi mortgage holders
- New Zealand house price crash: Property slides as average price plunges below magic $1m mark
- New Zealand house prices suffer near-record quarterly slump
- Auckland housing market – UNDER PRESSURE
- Former bankrupt property tycoon and TV star Terry Serepisos back in business
- Is now the best time to buy a house or should you wait?
- CRISIS: House asking prices dropping $10k per month – REPORT
- Australia’s TOP 5 real estate agents