PHOTO: Photo: 123RF
Pink Batts insulation is not the only building material that is running short as alert level 4 in Auckland cuts off both manufacture and distribution of all but essential building supplies.
It was revealed this week that Fletcher Building has stopped making Pink Batts under alert level 4, and even in Auckland has only “extremely limited” stock.
The CBS cooperative of almost 700 construction companies in Canterbury says several other product lines are also at critical levels across the industry:
- Steel coil for roofing
- RAB board (fibre-cement sheet)
- GIB wallboard
- Aluminium extrusion used in windows and doors
CBS executive member Mike Blackburn said the shortages are also stretching out waiting times to get products, so things like timber framing may not be delivered for months.
“Electrical appliances appear to be well stocked, however, almost everything in stock now is already booked by builders and new orders are generally requiring a lead time of 12 to 16 weeks,” Blackburn said.
“Similarly with frame and truss, which means that orders placed today won’t be delivered until December.
“But the reality is that this will probably roll over into the new year.”
READ MORE VIA RNZ
- Abandoned land for sale
- Grand Designs New Zealand | Medieval Castle – WATCH
- Auckland women ‘ripped off’ by Bookabach host
- Property market slowdown continues – but what effect will Level 4 lockdown have? | CoreLogic NZ
- Billionaire files plans to build luxury lodge
- How rich is Kim Kardashian?
- Is now the best time to buy? Trends for house prices in New Zealand
- Australia’s Olympic heroes set for massive payday thanks to billionaire property tycoon
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is now a property millionaire
- Christchurch family despair after post-earthquake renovations | WATCH