PHOTO: Benji Marshall and his wife Zoe. Getty Images
NRL legend Benji Marshall and his wife Zoe have quietly secured a new Sydney home for $4.75 million.
The retired Kiwi great and Celebrity Apprentice star and Zoe, a writer who hosts her own podcast, settled on the address in Hunters Hill a month ago, Domain’s Pricefinder data shows.
The property’s price almost doubled in eight years.
The Marshalls are the fourth owners.
Real estate records reveal it was last traded in 2014 for $2.48 million and, according to Pricefinder, was purchased by the Marshalls in March this year for $4.75 million.
The vendor carried price hopes of $4.9 million to $5.1 million, according to the listing, which was handled by The Agency in Hunters Hill.
The Marshalls did the deal via private treaty, Pricefinder shows, after 50 days on the market.
The Hunters Hill purchase was hand-in-hand with the sale of their Canada Bay home, also in March.
The four-bedroom house near the water and the local golf course sold before a scheduled auction for $2.815 million. Zoe shared on her Instagram account that the family was on the move and stressed by the packing.
The real estate agent who handled the Hunters Hill listing could not be reached for comment.
Hunters Hill’s median house price is $4.115 million, according to Domain’s House Price Report for the March quarter. The suburb’s median has climbed almost 34 per cent in 12 months, and more than 46 per cent over five years.
Benji Marshall, 37, captained New Zealand in a record number of games and played 346 NRL matches across two stints for the Wests Tigers and seasons with St George Illawarra Dragons, the Brisbane Broncos and, before his retirement, the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Marshall will join 15 other celebrities fronting Lord Alan Sugar on the new season of Nine’s Celebrity Apprentice, which starts on May 22.
Zoe Marshall writes columns and has a podcasts called The Deep, which discusses covers topics including crime, gender identity, families and grief.
READ MORE VIA NINE
- Real estate agents sued for alleged ‘sex-capade’ in clients’ home
- Real estate agent who hit motorcyclist pleads guilty
- Abandoned land for sale
- How much do U.S. realtors actually make?
- Wellington real estate agency sale in court
- Mystery surrounds property linked to Kiwi basketball star Steven Adams
- Real Estate GURU warns real estate agents will lose their jobs | WATCH
- HOUSING CRISIS: ‘Worst yet to come’: Economist warns homeowners
- Real estate agent accused of taking rival’s signs
- Unsustainable housing market poses risk to economy – RBNZ