PHOTO: Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and her partner Clarke Gayford. Photo credit: Image – Getty Images
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and Clarke Gayford are embroiled in a stoush with an angry venue owner after the couple ditched their original wedding location.
Robin Pierson, who is the owner of the Bushmere Arms venue, located just out of Gisborne says Ardern and her partner Clarke Gayford booked the venue two years ago – but talks have broken down after a stoush over catering by a Kiwi celebrity chef.
“Jacinda and Clarke came here two years ago, she sat on the barstool and said, ‘We’d like to book our wedding here,'” Pierson told the Herald on Sunday.
“Jacinda told me, ‘Peter Gordon has always said he wanted to be involved in my wedding’ to which I said, ‘I’ll have a free cooking lesson any day,’ thinking it would be a collaborative effort and we would be working together.”
The stoush started when Pierson noticed she wouldn’t be involved with the catering and it would be left solely up to Gordon.
“I got sent a proposed menu from Peter Gordon’s ‘man,’ which had been worked out with the bride and groom,” Pierson told the NZ Herald. “It was then I suddenly realised I wasn’t involved in the catering at all and that Peter Gordon had clearly been contracted to do the food.”
READ MORE VIA NEWSHUB
- Missing apostrophe in Facebook post lands real estate agent in legal hot water
- Abandoned land for sale
- Australian real estate agent may have to pay tens of thousands in a defamation claim
- How much do real estate agents make? | USA
- Chemist Warehouse owner drops $43MILLION on sprawling trophy home
- Real estate agent numbers spike
- OnlyFans millionaire makes Octagon House his ‘Playboy Mansion Down Under’ | WATCH
- The biggest financial crash ever? – Robert Kiyosaki | It has begun
- Can Evergrande’s founder save his real estate empire?
- Melissa Caddick’s parents and husband face being HOMELESS | AUSTRALIA