PHOTO: Photo: 123RF
With hope that the end of lockdown could finally be in sight, many Aucklanders are already planning their escape, with the number booking baches outside the region more than doubling this week.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has committed to ensuring that Aucklanders will be able to travel outside the region over summer and Christmas.
New figures from the holiday home management firm, Bachcare, show a 108 percent increase in bookings by Aucklanders last week compared with the week before – the busiest week since lockdown began in August.
Bookings for travellers from outside Auckland were up 34 percent for that two week period.
Top 10 traditional summer bach destinations for Aucklanders are:
READ MORE VIA RNZ
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is now a property millionaire
- Abandoned land for sale
- Price of average Kiwi home cracks $1 million
- China’s ticking time bomb a massive threat to the NZ property market
- Developers bailing out of house buyer contracts via sunset clause
- COOLING OFF: NZ property slowdown
- NZ property sales plummet 21.7% | REINZ
- HOUSING CRISIS: Unfinished homes as severe building supply shortages stall construction
- How an accountant earned $47MILLION by secretly selling clothes out of her parents’ garage
- John Key says housing ‘boom run is over’