PHOTO: New Zealand Cinemas
Cinemas hit hard by Covid-19 are calling for more Government support so audiences can return to the theatre when more blockbusters hit our shores.
“I think with the popularity of movie streaming online and the fact that people will be very hesitant to sit next to each other in a closed theatre environment – the cinema industry unfortunately needs to pivot fast to survive” Property Noise NZ
Auckland’s Academy Cinema has faced a major financial loss over the past year, fearing another lockdown (which in now here) could cause permanent closure.
“We’re going to work very hard to make sure we can keep our doors open, but it’s very on the edge for us,” says The Academy’s General Manager Gorjan Markovski.
He wants the Government to provide support to live cinema to ensure venues survive the uncertainty of the pandemic.
READ MORE VIA TVNZ
- Real estate agent in hospital after riding accident
- TRAGIC NEWS for New Zealand’s first home buyers
- Abandoned land for sale
- Warning after Kiwi couple caught out by clause in new-build house contract
- Major NZ bank hikes interest rates ahead of OCR decision | WATCH
- New kiwi start-up making land banking possible from $100 | WATCH
- Auckland real estate agent buys personalised ad from Rudy Giuliani | WATCH
- ‘We were conned’: Property management company | WATCH
- Shaun Johnson sells Aussie property as he heads home to the Warriors
- BEWARE: eXp Realty is coming to shake up the real estate industry in N