PHOTO: Lotto. FILE
According to STUFF an Auckland woman and her sister celebrated an $11.5 million Lotto win with icecreams in the car, given the country is in an alert level 4 lockdown.
On Saturday, the young woman, who purchased her winning ticket through MyLotto, became the country’s latest millionaire by winning Powerball.
She woke early on Sunday and was scrolling through her phone when she noticed an email from Lotto NZ saying she had a prize to claim.
“We tried to keep things pretty normal – I could not sit still though,” the woman said.
“I am very family oriented, so I am really excited to be able to help my family out and set them up for the future – it means so much to me.
- TRAGIC NEWS for New Zealand’s first home buyers
- Abandoned land for sale
- BEWARE: eXp Realty is coming to shake up the real estate industry in NZ
- New kiwi start-up making land banking possible from $100 | WATCH
- House prices could drop soon, Reserve Bank predicts | WATCH
- Real estate agent in hospital after riding accident
- Warning after Kiwi couple caught out by clause in new-build house contract
- Major NZ bank hikes interest rates ahead of OCR decision | WATCH
- Real Estate Agent Fees: How are they fair?
- Ex-flight attendants pivot to become real estate agents