PHOTO: STREETVIEW The tenant said having a fireplace was important – but then found out it didn’t work.
An Auckland tenant has been awarded two-and-a-half weeks’ rent as compensation for her landlord’s refusal to fix problems with her home, which she said caused her children to become sick.
Amy-lee Fox moved into a property in Farm Cove, owned by Xiao Jun Yu, in March last year. She signed a one-year fixed-term tenancy.
But just two months later, she to break the fixed term and sought compensation because, she said, the landlord did not provide premises that were reasonably clean or in reasonable repair and then did not maintain them.
READ MORE VIA STUFF