- Demand for new housing in Upper Hutt is at “unprecedented levels”, developer Malcolm Gillies says.
More than 70 houses on former Government land at Heretaunga and Wallaceville have been sold conditionally, off the plans and ahead of their legal formation and land titles being issued.
City council resource consent for 27 sections at the former CIT was granted last last month to Gillies and partner developer Kevin Melville’s Heretaunga Company Ltd.
“And now they’ve all been sold. The demand is unprecedented, to be honest. Really we could have sold them three or four times over.”
* Chronic shortage of houses for sale across NZ, Auckland sales fall 30pc
* Prices up, stock down – the numbers on Wellington’s housing shortage
* Wellington housing market heats up, average house price almost $500,000: QV
* Desperate home-buyers warned against neglecting property checks
* Big increase in Wellington sales by tender as house goes for $700,000 above RV