PHOTO: Real estate agfents
According to STUFF real estate agents have no excuse not to lavish time on their clients – New Zealand now has more agents than homes for sale.
A total of 15,503 agents and 909 companies have active real estate licences, about 1200 more than a year ago. A record number of people applied to join the industry in the past year, according to the Real Estate Agents Authority.
At the same time a growing shortage of listings has been compounded by the Covid lockdown.
At the start of this month there were 12,250 homes on the market, a third fewer than last year, according to the Real Estate Institute (REINZ).
Stephen Lee, a real estate agent with The Professionals, said agents were competing for listings and some were cutting commissions.
- Abandoned land for sale
- Bookabach guest takes legal action against host
- Reserve Bank tightens LVR restrictions
- Will this set off a Global Financial Crisis? | WATCH
- Evergrande Debt Crisis: Impact on NZ Property Market – Is there a correction coming? | WATCH
- The ‘Wānaka furore’ – A bach at the Southern Lakes has never been so topical
- 2021 REINZ Awards for Excellence
- Thousands sign petition against massive new housing development
- Mortgage brokers seeing fewer enquiries | Tony Alexander
- New Zealand named in top 10 most expensive countries to buy a house in