The homes.co.nz Monthly Property Update is generated using homes.co.nz’s May 2022 HomesEstimates, providing an up-to-date perspective on house values around New Zealand.
Trends in our Main Cities
The HomesEstimates in our main centres have plateaued following decreases in the last couple of months. With many areas becoming a buyers’ market, there is more time for buyers to shop around for a home. This does not necessarily translate into an immediate drop in prices as vendors keep their properties on the market longer while they push for the best price. But, unlike for the last couple of years, the pressures are certainly in favour of price softening for the coming months.
How do we calculate these figures?
The homes.co.nz Monthly Property Update is generated using homes.co.nz’s monthly HomesEstimates and provides an up-to-date perspective on house values around New Zealand. By valuing the entire housing stock, the homes.co.nz Monthly Property Update can compare median values from month to month in a consistent and reliable way. Our HomesEstimates are calculated for almost every home in New Zealand by an algorithm that identifies the relationships between sales prices and the features of a property.
Established in 2013, homes.co.nz is NZ’s first free property information portal eager to share free property information to New Zealanders.
NZ’s First Home Buyer HomesEstimate
The “First Home Buyer HomesEstimate” is homes.co.nz’s estimate of what a typical first home may cost. It is calculated to be the lower quartile HomesEstimate in a town.
READ MORE VIA HOMES.CO.NZ
- Top TEN real estate companies in the world
- Real Estate GURU warns real estate agents will lose their jobs | WATCH
- Costco, the world’s second-largest retailer – first New Zealand store
- The insight that changed my real estate career
- Two real estate companies to merge
- ‘Unacceptable’: top real estate agents axed
- Saving for a house deposit? New investment app Sugar Wallet could be the answer
- Abandoned land for sale
- Property auction success PLUMMETS at Auckland’s biggest agency
- New Zealand’s most trusted real estate brand