PHOTO: Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe’s LA penthouse has hit the market, providing a unique insight into the ill-fated Hollywood star’s private life.
The pad Marilyn Monroe moved into after her infamous break-up with New York Yankees star Joe DiMaggio has hit the market, providing a unique insight into the ill-fated Hollywood star’s private life.
The uber cool home has been listed for US$2.49 million (A$3.4m)
Monroe moved into the two-bedroom, two-bathroom residence in 1954 shortly after leaving DiMaggio.
The penthouse is located in the Granville Towers.
At the time, Monroe was becoming a stable of Hollywood movies whilst DiMaggio had gained a reputation of one of the greatest baseball players of all time.
The pair were only married for a year from 1954 to 1955 before Monroe ended the relationship.
Originally built in the 1930s, the building housing the penthouse features 40 residences.
The main bedroom and sitting area.
In 2003, the current owner had purchased the penthouse from Ellen DeGeneres’s wife, Portia De Rossi for less than $US1 million.
READ MORE VIA NEWS.COM.AU
- Abandoned land for sale
- Developers bailing out of house buyer contracts via sunset clause
- Price of average Kiwi home cracks $1 million
- Angela Bloomfield, actor and real estate salesperson
- NZ property sales plummet 21.7% | REINZ
- Bach sells for record $3.33m
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is now a property millionaire
- Kiwibank will no longer accept pre-approved home loans for buyers with deposits smaller than 20 pct
- ‘K-shaped’ economic recovery widening gap between haves and the have-nots
- Tim and Arthur win The Block NZ 2021 with biggest cash haul in show’s histor