PHOTO: Measures introduced by the Government are aimed at slowing the market. Source: 1 NEWS
Auckland’s property values rose by 2.4 per cent in April, taking the average value to $1.25 million, nearly a 16 per cent increase in the past year.
But that number was even higher in some of the nation’s other major centres.
In Hamilton, annual growth is now 20 per cent, with a house now costing $760,000, while in Tauranga, a 19 per cent rise sees an average house setting back buyers over $900,000.
House prices are dangerously close to surpassing the million dollar mark in Wellington, with 23 per cent growth.
WE DON’T ROAST OUR BEANS UNTIL WE HAVE YOUR ORDER
READ MORE VIA TVNZ
- Abandoned land for sale
- Buying a house in Auckland? Hilarious TikTok sums up buyers frustrations | WATCH
- ‘Ghost of Muldoon’ looms over housing market – expert
- Housing market expected to cool
- Ex NRL star and real estate agent reveals himself as sportsman charged with importing methamphetamine | WATCH
- NBR List: The top Kiwi wealth creators of 2021
- Auckland real estate agent recreates Bruno Mars hit in viral marketing video | WATCH
- Disaster looming in Aussie housing market
- Real estate agent with a gun targets brokerage, kills 2 agents and self | NEW YORK
- Average New Zealand house price hits $800k for the first time | TRADE ME