PHOTO: REINZ annual data shows the areas where the ten cheapest 3-bedroom homes sold in Auckland. Photo credit: Getty Images.
Buying a property in Auckland is likely to require a budget of over $1 million, but there are areas where homes have sold for under $500,000, annual data shows.
Low listings and high prices make getting onto the property ladder – particularly in New Zealand’s biggest cities – a challenge.
The Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (REINZ) confirms over the 12 months to June 2021, more than 60 percent of houses sold in Auckland were over $1 million. The median price in the super city now $1.150 million.
But there are areas within Auckland where houses have sold for a lot less. For first-home buyers with a budget up to $500,000, suburbs such as Avondale, Papatoetoe, Kingseat, and Pukekohe could all be worth a look.
Auckland’s top ten cheapest 3-bedroom homes sold in 2020/2021
- 19 Tyrone Street, Otara, sold for $230,000 on September 13, 2020
- 41 Pembroke Street, Papatoetoe, sold for $350,000 on October 6, 2020
- 58 Pembroke Street, Papatoetoe, sold for $405,000 on July 20, 2020
- 25 Ocean View Crescent, Rakino Island, sold for $405,000 on December 29, 2020
- 1/100 Shifnal Drive, Randwick Park, sold for $442,500 on August 24, 2020
- 106 Avondale Road, Avondale, sold for $450,000 on September 25, 2020
- 72 Howard Road, Orere Point, sold for $450,000 on February 2, 2021
- 35 McRobbie Road, Kingseat, sold for $455,000 on July 30, 2020
- 4 Holland Street, Pukekohe, sold for $456,000 on July 12, 2020
- 30b Tasman Street, Pukekohe, sold for $460,000 on September 14, 2020.
*Source: REINZ (excludes apartments, units, and homes with remediation issues, including leaky buildings and fire damage).
READ MORE VIA NEWSHUB